Saturday, June 28, 2008

What is Up!



Hey everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to update my blog, but it really just means that I have been so busy and having so much fun!
The first weekend I was here in Rexburg I performed in the Broadway Revue. It was a show full of songs from different musicals. I sang The New World from Songs for a New World. The show had a souncheck 3 hours before the actual performance and when I walked in there was really cute guy doing some tech work. We got talking and I thought he was awesome. During the sound check I gestered for him to come talk to me and when he came over I said "Hey do you have a girlfriend?" and he said "no" and I replied "Well, you should take me on a date." He was really stunned but got my number AND to my surprise he text me right after the show and asked if I wanted to go out! I was really attracted to him and we had a great time that night. We continued to go on dates and I was having a great time, but something was missing. I just didn't think he was the guy for me. Chris (thats the boy) and I had been dating for about 3 weeks when I started to worry that he was WAY more interested in me than I was in him. So we spent the evening together on Wednesday this week and I broke things off. I feel really bad and it has been harder for me than I expected. It was nice to have someone there, someone to talk to, someone that really really liked me (haha). It was the right thing to do though. So that has been my dating adventure for the past little while.
My roommates are the COOLEST! I really got so very blessed! I feel so comfortable with them! They make me feel loved and accepted and they are all very good girls! I was planning on being at home in the Fall and attending UNLV but I've thought about it long and hard and I cannot go to UNLV after being in Idaho! There is no comparison - BYUI is the best EVER! I am going to stay in Idaho for the Fall. I am going to take a few night classes and work during the day! I'm going to live with 3 of my same roommates; Katie, Georgie, and Betsy! I LOVE THEM!
I got homesick for the first time this week (lol) I didn't cry or anything, but we were talking about gambling in my math class and it made me miss Las Vegas - too funny!
My testimony has grown so much lately! The church is true! Our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and if we live righteously blessings that we cannot imagine will be poured out upon us. I know that my Redeemer lives! I know this is His restored gospel on the Earth!
I hope all is well! I miss you all and love you!

2 comments:

Marina said...

I'm so glad you finally updated us on your fabulous life. Girl, you are so much braver than I. I can't believe you asked a complete stranger out. But of course, I'm sure you felt at ease knowing he was LDS. I'm sorry things didn't work out between the two of you. You deserve the very best. I sincerely mean that. I'm glad that you are still having a great time and that you're growing so much. I love you and you are wonderful.

Stephens Family said...

Hi Hannah, my kids and I saw your blog and we wanted to say hi! You are in our part of the country now!!! It's never easy to leave home, it's a bittersweet chapter. Although I bet it's harder for your parents than for you. We miss your great family, Brandon has a man crush on your dad, I'm sure of it!