Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BYU Idaho

I'm here! Finally, I'm here! It is everything I anticipated and so much more! I have the most amazing roommates I could ask for, my apartment is GORGEOUS, the spirit is SO strong, and I am in love with this town! It is exactly what I wanted.

It is so neat to see Heavenly Father's hand in my life! A year ago I was dead set on attending SUU. I was 100% sure that I would stay at SUU all four years and I never imagined any other possibilities. Eleven days before I was supposed to start school at SUU everything fell through. It really was not what Heavenly Father had in mind. I had been set on what I wanted and not what He wanted. It was a hard choice to stay in Vegas, but I think it was part of His plan. After attending UNLV for one semester I was ready to leave (lol). I needed to try living away from my family and that University was so focused on the world. During my second semester I knew it was time to apply somewhere else. BYU Idaho seemed like the right place. It was amazing how quickly everything happened. I applied, got accepted, got housing, got excited, GOT HERE! Heavenly Father will guide our lives if we will just be clay in His hands. I am so grateful that I have been blessed to be here!

Oh, about my roommates...I have four: Georgie, Katie, Crystal, and Betsy. They have opened their arms and made me feel like family. On Sunday my family left to go back to Las Vegas. My dad came to my ward to take the sacrament, but left right after that. I felt so scared, so alone. I fought tears back so hard, but it was no use so I ended up trying to hide my face. Then my awesome roommate Crystal saw that I was crying and she put her arm around me and gave me a hug! That was such an amazing blessing! I have not cried since that moment because all my roommates are that way! They are so fun loving and we have grown together spiritually just through these four days! We decided to start having apartment prayer which is such a neat experience! I love these girls!

I hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

Marina said...

Awww! I just got teary-eyed. I am soooo glad things are going so well for you. Heavenly Father is GREAT! He has a tailor-made plan for each of us and he is perfectly wise in executed them. I'm glad you're submitting to being clay in his hands. Congratulations on your transition. I have no doubt that you are going to shine there.

Amy J said...

I'm glad you're liking it so much! Great roommates really are a blessing...that's how I met Jori, and she is still such a big, important part of my life! Keep the posts coming so we can stay informed!