Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rexburg and Jacson Hole


I'm in Rexburg right now with my Mom and Sydnee. It is so exciting to be here. It is everything I expected and so much more. It's a beautiful, small town full of personality! The first thing you see as soon as you get off the freeway is the Rexburg, ID Temple sitting on the hill! It is an amazing view! The weather is perfect! But, I know that it will be the complete opposite when I come back for Winter semester in January!

Yesterday, May 17th, we took a trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It was only a 2 hour drive and to our surprise there was SNOW EVERYWHERE! The mountains were covered in a cool white blanket and at some points it must have been 20 feet deep....I really started to question if coming to school here would be the best choice for me (lol).

Once we got into Jackson Hole the weather was nice. It was in the mid 70's just like in Rexburg. I just could not believe that last week in Las Vegas I had been swimming and last week in Wyoming they had snow fall. We had so much fun exploring Jackson Hole. I found out that if you want to be a model citizen there you must own two things: 1- a bike 2- a jeep (lol).
We happen to arrive in Jackson Hole during their annual Elk Fest. Apparently, Elk antlers are a big deal in this weird little town. The picture is of Sydnee and me standing under one of their 4 arches made from Elk Antlers. Right as we were walking through the arch there was an auction going on! Can you guess what they were auctioning off....you got it! You could be the lucky owner of a beautiful pair of Elk antlers for the small price of $10!

Coming here has really brought me into reality. I have wanted to leave Las Vegas for the past year and a half...BUT now that it is actually happening it is pretty nerve racking! I am coming to a new place, ALL ALONE. I do not have any clue how to get around this town - for a while I doubted there was a grocery store(haha). It feels really overwhelming at times. But, it is time for this new part of my life. I need this.

It is going to be great!

1 comments:

Marina said...

Whoa! Lots of changes for you ahead, but you have such a strong core that you will take them all with a smile. You're going to grow so much and become even greater than what you already are.

About the weather...you better stock up on your clothes!